Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Such Good News

Someone mentioned to me the other day that Jeff Bezos is not the Apocalypse, but merely one of the Four Horsemen.

But, good news. Independent booksellers are on the increase!

1380046908

Be a good citizen and support your local community! 

By the way, the other day on one of my now frequent flights down to Burbank, I picked up a biography of Steve Jobs and was astonished to hear the bookseller explain I could get 50% back if I returned the book having read it! I just loved the book and may pass it onto a friend...but return it? 

As an aside, Burbank is my favorite airfield...I always feel like Bogart in Casablanca when I'm there. You walk out to board the plane, facing the mountains in balmy sunshine. In my case, clutching my book.

Stop Press -- 3/31/14 -- BBC just reported that eBook sales are down 5% over the year and traditionals up 11%

No comments:

Post a Comment