Saturday, May 7, 2016

Towards infinity

Looking carefully at fear, I am left with one thing, that my conscious self is very fearful in contemplating its own oblivion and, being driven by self-cherishing, that is almost too much to bear. 

The antidote must be to find a life of creativity, good-humor, and service as it is through these devices I am able to escape despair and paradoxically find oblivion in this present moment in my life and in compassion.

But the antidote is only temporary. The self that appears as a reaction to events can be observed as it experiences feelings and constructs a storyline and action to protect or promote its interests. The question occupying the observer should be "Is this self my existent center, or does it only appear as a thought/feeling process when there is a threat or some advantage to be had?"

No comments:

Post a Comment